World Of Warcraft Steelseries MMO Mouse Review @ DH

Discussion in 'Reviews & Articles Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Dec 14, 2008.

1. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Read The Review here

SteelSeries are a company that every gamer has heard of - creating some of the best accessories in the business from headsets and keyboards to gaming gloves. Today were going to look at a brand new product from them, the SteelSeries WoW gaming mouse. Designed in conjunction with Blizzard, this is a mouse designed specifically for use in World of Warcraft.

2. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

Errrr. I don't play WOW, so I wouldn't know how useful a 15-button mouse is. But this isn't something I'd expect from Steelseries. Most of their stuff is no-gimmick, straight-performance. But this is straight-gimmick :sigh:

3. NathanMarks

NathanMarks New Member

Hey there Lowfat. I understand where you're coming from but this certainly isn't a gimmick, if it didn't perform it would be a gimmick, but it performs. I've been playing WoW on and off since release, and as you can see have a level 80 mage with whom I raid high end content with. Never in that time have I come across any accessory this useful for the game and everyone I showed the software/mouse to who plays warcraft absolutely loved it. While you may think having a mouse designed for a specific game is gimmicky and a money sink, you have to remember that the many of the people who will be in the market for one of these don't really play many other games all that much.

Additionally, the software is very well made and it isn't every day you see that sort of depth in mouse software.

Anyways, you are of course entitled to your opinion, but I think it may be hard to see the value from the perspective of a none-WoW player.

4. JayPea

JayPea New Member

Nice review apart from one thing : They're as rare as rocking horse shit.

I've had a pre-order with Amazon for around two months and they just keep putting back the date. Which, when you've ordered 2 of them (one as a Christmas present for your brother) is very, very disappointing. Even your 'buy it here' link says they have no idea when they'd be available.

Perhaps their software suite will have a profile for Duke Nukem Forever by the time mouse is available for purchase?

Shame you didn't point this out to your readers in your review.

"If you are a WOW player you still have time to get this on your Christmas list." - Yup, as long as you don't mind going without on 25th December until some unknown date rolls around when they can actually be bought.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  5. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I can understand your situation however please be aware its impossible for us to accurately gauge or ascertain stock levels of a product across the net. I hear amazon Uk got most of the stock and they sold out immediately on preorders. I have no idea what the situation is in the America right now.

We can only review the products we are given, not when every reader is likely to get one.

6. longhorn1000

longhorn1000 New Member

I tried to get one for my friend for xmas, but its impossible. I gave up trying. Steelseries need to sort their act out.

No point getting the review up if noone can buy it, but its hardly DH's fault.

7. (seer)mayyard

(seer)mayyard New Member

Hey Zardon, im a long time reader of DH, great reviewers. I take offense at the recent WOW mouse review man. Not because its anything less than great, but im disgusted with Steelseries and how poor their distribution is. They make an awesome mouse, charge a fortune for it and then decide they can't make any. In the UK you can't get one. I phoned Amazon, said id give them £100 for one if they got me one in (2 months ago). They said the 30 mice they were getting in were already sold out. Is there anything DH can do? im really pissed off!

8. longjohnsally

longjohnsally New Member

lovely looking mouse - but preordered it since October.

Steelseries need to get their act together, pure suckfest on the delays every other week. I just cancelled my order, they can kiss my ass !

9. catflaps

catflaps New Member

Order mine in October. delayed 4 times so far. it looks worth the wait though.

awesome review guys. most of my WOW mates are talking about this world exclusive !

10. clanman

clanman New Member

Yeah it sucks. Don't think its fair to blame DH though. Its just a review of the product. Don;t you just love the chest style of the box and presentation?

Can't wait to get mine but I guess i will have to. hopefully january. good way to start the year. I think people need to unwind a bit.

11. (ch)bloodsucker

(ch)bloodsucker New Member

DAMNNNNNNNNNNnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I had my hopes up,. after someone on the WOW lists showed me this review and I saw a link to "game1", I was ready to buy and wham. no stock :(

What a way to bring me down just before Christmas.

Steelseries must be losing a fortune.

12. ballbuster

ballbuster New Member

I ordered one and was going to order another from game1 but no stock ! :mad:

13. sterilegiblets

sterilegiblets New Member

I agree. Nice review Nathan, very impressed with the quality of the review.

Wish I was as lucky as you to test it out :( I haven't even seen one in the flesh never mind try it.

Sucks we can get it, all my clan members have ordered one.

14. blahsteelseries

blahsteelseries New Member

Zardon, are you doing PR for steelseries. I can't get my hands on one and ive had one preordered from September when they were announced. Either you take the review down and stop supporting steelseries until they get us our products. its f*&king pathetic

15. flamingturds

flamingturds New Member

awesome review.

looks gorgeous

great macros

amazing software.

Ok so im sold. only problem is. who the HELL STOCKS THEM!?

16. Rob-Game1

Rob-Game1 Game1 MD

Hi Guys,

As we supplied the mouse for review I can understand everyone’s thoughts, comments and frustrations on this one!

As it stands we don't have a -confirmed- date so no other dates would be put on our website now until we have physical stock of the mice to save any... should I say more disappointment.

What I can do for DH members is if you send an E-mail to cs@Game-1.co.uk with WoW Mouse as the subject I can let you know as soon as these are coming into us (e.g. the day before stock will be available for sale on -any- website so you get a 1 day head start.

Obviously we would love them to be in before Christmas the same as you, but as it stands this isn't looking great, however I will do all I can to keep you all informed as soon as any info is available.

I hope this helps

Regards

Rob
    Game-1.

17. lambofelves

lambofelves New Member

that review made me want to buy the mouse and I don't play WOW!

Guess I should let all you guys get one first or I think the courier would get mauled on the way to the door!

18. lawrenceofballistica

lawrenceofballistica New Member

what a review. best mouse review ive seen ever ! product looks incredible.

Im in the same boat as everyone else, I cant find one anywhere?:rolleyes:

19. persiaprince

persiaprince New Member

Yeah Game1 dont have any. I bookmarked the site though and ill checke very week until they get them. I want 3 for xmas pressies :(

sucks.

20. macbiter

macbiter New Member

heh I saw this review posted on a tv show, well a clip of it. in france.

seems you guys are getting a lot of press for being the first.

I wouldnt mind trying one just to see what the hype is about. havent played wow in a year but wouldnt mind another shot with the new expansion.

Any ideas on the time of ETA Rob?