Would you donate for x64 kX drivers?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by igor_levicki, Aug 2, 2005.

?

Would you donate for the development of 64-bit kX driver?

1. Yes I would

65.6%
  2. No I would not

34.4%
  1. djsubject

djsubject New Member

that's what he told me about loading firmware in OSX about a month before it was added :duh:

:D

happy holidays E.

PS, listening to web radio using my 1820 on OSX as i type!

Thank You!!

Subz

2. RPGWiZaRD

RPGWiZaRD New Member

Upgrading to a X-Fi card and using Creative drivers is a downgrade compared to Audigy card + kX drivers. I've listened to friend's sound with X-Fi but I can't say it sound near as good as my old Audigy card with tweaked kX driver settings.

I would gladly donate for 64bit support, seeing how things start demanding more and more RAM that ~3.25GB limit in 32bit is really a PITA. So far 2GB is enough even for my gaming rig but yea not for long I think and Vista/W7 really likes 4GB(+). kX Audio drivers are so useful for my gaming as the 3D positional sound is perfect in any game I fire up. With Creative drivers mostly only EAX supported titles had proper 3D positional sound...

3. hearthat

hearthat New Member

Hi folks,

I certainly hope this 64 bit can proceeed.
    Donated $20 Canadian today ... Cheap bugger eh? LOL
    Anyhow just hopin' we can talk Eugene into it :)

All these years and I've never said Thank You ....
    Well ... Thank You and all who have worked on this thing. I really hope you all keep hacking away at it. This has been an absolute God Send for me. I am a live sound engineer but don't get "too" extravagant with my home setup. I have 2 Satellite Dishes feeding EyeTV on an Imac G5. I have converted 2000 of my CD's etc to FLAC and use "PLAY" on the Mac to play them. For online Golf games Skype runs on the Mac too and I mix in my Wife's mic from her machine via Analog IN and do lots of tricks to Compress/Expand etc so our online gaming chatter sounds freakin' awesome. . the output of the MAC goes optical to my SB Platinum with Live Drive on my PC. The PC supplies Digital audio to the main surround system in the living room which then distributes to 2 other rooms in the house and also feeds whatever I have mixed in KX (specifically for Skype) back to the Mac to be sent out on the Airwaves .... I mean "VOIP waves" I usually DJ for everyone playing with us. Pretty whacky EQ but sounds good at the other end thru Skype.
    Sheesh ... amazing .... who'd have thought I could time align my "MAINS" right here at home with a "shitty" consumer sound card !

This KX Driver has been the most awesome aspect of my rig for a long time. Love it to death.
    The $20 Canadian I sent via Centrance probably wont go too far but it is a "token" of my appreciation. I'll try to make a habit of donating once in a while :)

Guess if everyone did it you'd be retired on a tropical island somewhere. ;)

Anyhow .... I could go on forever about this KX monster you've created but I'm sure ur sick of reading by now !

Kami
    Vancouver Canada

4. dumdum

dumdum New Member

I think that the development of a KX x64 driver will determine if KX will survive or die forever.
    I think in 2 years or less there won't be x86 OS.

Regards,

DumDum

5. fluxcore

fluxcore New Member

Literally the only reason that I haven't switched to a 64bit OS is due to the kxdrivers. Don't take this as a whine or anything, this project should be immensely proud to be thought of as a 'killer app' which determines whether someone upgrades or not :)

Having said that, I would love to see a x64 driver so that I *can* switch, and would happily donate. It would seem worthwhile waiting for Windows7 though, since most Vista users are likely to switch, and XP x64 is horrible.

Cheers,
    --flux