Wrong Direct 3D-Sound

Discussion in '3-D Audio' started by captainneutron, Mar 11, 2004.

1. captainneutron

captainneutron New Member

Hi there!
    Just installed the kx-Drivers on my SB LIVE 5.1!
    Quite happy with it, except for games...
    I am playing a game called Allegiance (www.alleg.net) it uses DirectSound3D but the position of the sound is very often wrong...
    So what can I do? Disabling hardware acceleration results in unplayable framerates and sound is worse...
    Any new Updates planned for D3D?

2. HunterZ

HunterZ New Member

Do you have similar problems with other games that are supposed to have DS3D support?

Have you tried contacting the developers or other fans of Allegiance to see if anyone else is having similar problems?

3. captainneutron

Well, Allegiance is the only real game I play.

Seems as if the other allegiance fans don't use kx drivers...

Anyway, disabling hardware accelerated DS3D results in lower framesrates but soundpositioning is correct, although I am under the impression that the creative drivers with hardware accelerated DS3D sounded far better... Maybe it has something to do with EAX!? At the moment I'm not sure wether allegiance supports it or not...

4. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

EAX has nothing to do with D3D at all… and you don't need a framerate any higher than the monitor's refresh rate… if the refresh rate is 75hz, then 75fps is what you should have… you won't notice the difference any higher

5. captainneutron

Maybe creative drivers with hardware accelerated DS3D on sound better because they use EAX-effects? Just an idea...
    When I remember right, sound with creative drivers and hardware accelration off was worse....

To the fps: I am using 60 hz refresh and vertical sync on, and most times I get those 60 fps, but as soon as the game situation gets more complex (more other ships, bases, ...) frames drop... I tested it with vertical sync off and compared fps, it's not that much lower with hardware accelration off, but the main point is that sound quality is worse with ha off. :(

6. thomasabarnes

thomasabarnes Long Time ***** Friend