X-fi & Bass Management

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by e v o, May 19, 2009.

1. e v o

e v o New Member

So I recently bought some stereo equipment to replace my 'pc speakers'. They've been working out great, but am having some trouble with the Bass Management of the XtremeMusic. My receiver (HK 3490) does not have any crossover variables, so my speakers are set to full range.

I recently added a subwoofer, so there is an overlap in the lower frequencies outputed by the speakers and the subwoofer. The Bass redirection/cutoff frequency has no effect on the bass from my speakers. The connection is optical to flexijack (via rca to mono adapter). Am I just barking up the wrong tree? I ordered a high pass filter from HSU (my sub's maker), recommended by the founder, but would obviously want to save money if possible. I've heard that the bass redirection of X-fi is inaccurate as well.

I guess my question is if it's normal to not have bass redirection available when using a receiver/stereo equipment and if I'm better off just using the high pass filter.

PS. I'm kinda new to this stuff if you can't tell.

Thanks!

2. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

The only way I know how to do it via software is via the base redirection software that comes with the CD, or comes with YOUP-PAX Drivers which are definitely worth checking out (Via our forums)... Otherwise you'll have to get hardware, and That can get very expensive depending on what you want to do.

I will add that I have the xtreme music card myself. And it works quite decently for my music processing.

3. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Hi Evo Your welcome try my kick ass bass drivers :)

4. e v o

e v o New Member

Thanks for the replies.

SeraphicSorcerer, do you use stereo equipment (receiver, etc.) or 'pc speakers'. I remember when I used pc speakers it would work as well.

Robert McClelland, I used one of your software suites to try out the THX console, but it didn't work either.

I'm guessing the receiver is interrupting this process.

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Don't used the suite from 6.50 set newest one is 6.60 for your card I took out the THX console because creative drivers won't let me installed it. Please used the Pax xfi suite spring editon 2009 that THX works.