X-fi XtremeMusic

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by SuperVisor, Jan 27, 2006.

1. SuperVisor

SuperVisor New Member

I got x-fi xtrememusic switched from audigy2zs. I removed the app and soundcard drivers then went into safemode and used drivercleaner/pro the newest version. Then I installed the app and sound drivers it went smoothly no problems. But I went and played RainBow Six Lockdown demo and hear clipping going on. I had no problems with the audigy2zs before I switched. I tested other games Bf2,RainBow Six 3 they sound fine. Today I started playing Riddick I can tell there is like a clip going on in game and music sounds fine too can it be a bad sound card or the drivers aren't well supported by the game. And I did try it in a different pci slot too same thing. Any help will be really appreciated.

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

which driver are u using..... the driver supplied with the card or the updated 2.07.0004 driver.

Download the 2.07.0004 Here (win xp).

3. SuperVisor

SuperVisor New Member

Thanks for the reply I'm using 5.12.14.1144 YouP-Pax fi v2.31 I believe they're based on the latest from creative. I never did install the creative sound drivers I installed these one cause they worked for my audigy 2zs and his read me file say it supported x-fi sound card.

4. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

no problem, i don't know/or use YouP-Pax drivers due to i only use whql's mostly (official drivers by creative)... all i can say i don't have any pops or strange sounds with my xtrememusic x-fi card.

5. SuperVisor

SuperVisor New Member

If I install the creative sound drivers should I install the one on the cd first before I install the updated version. Or install newest one from there site.

6. JohnMcClane

JohnMcClane New Member

you should install first from cd, some people have problems after installing only the web version.

7. SuperVisor

SuperVisor New Member

Thanks guys and gals for your help went installed the creative drivers it did work but there are still some clipping going on but it less then before. Hopefully the next update from creative fixes it.

8. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

I've successfully installed from the web on a couple windows installs now. The stuff on the CD may be pretty, but the control panel gets 90% of it done. Not to mention the speed at which it gets it done :)

9. Diablos

Diablos New Member

EAX 5 with X fi PAX????

I have an audigy 2 Zs Platinum Pro.I have downloaded Pax 2.32.This enable application like X-fi Crystalizer and my Mod card could support new Eax 5 extension????????????????