X1900 XTX series a DUST-BUSTER...Is these true ??

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Alien1, Jan 29, 2006.

1. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Yeah come use my PC for a week then see what loud is. Your ears are little pussies for auditory abuse! :D :D :rofl: :rofl:

2. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

Ah, loud pcs. How's this for loud?

[​IMG]

4 x TTSF2's and a 92mm Tornado

3. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Child's play :p

The hard drives don't look so secure

4. Sandok

Sandok New Member

Hey I don't wanna be deaf anytime soon :p

5. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Playing drums does it to me more :p

6. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

hey actually u guys i dropped my venus to 3500rpm and i hear.......SILENCE!!!! lol but then again it is under my desk so

7. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

It sure is quite a bit louder than my XFX Gamer Edition 7800GTX. Hmm might have to look in to third party solutions. I also might get some heat resistant anti-vibration for it.

8. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

Lol! They're not. I was just playing around that day. The chip was an Athlon XP 1700DLT3C @ 2400 or so. It now resides in my sister's setup. And it's destined to live out it's life at around 2000. :( Poor guy.

Hehe, install ATI tool and turn up the fan to 100% for some great fun! Also, I tried the Zalman VF700 with not so good results. After hitting 90c, I took it off and stuck stock back on. It's almost 20c less now...

9. Necrosis

This is what you want.

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=articles&go=read&arc_id=63

10. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

I don't know. Several folks with DFI boards like myself, have reported mad higher case/pwn/cpu temps with this cooler. Why in the world they switched from blowing hot air OUTSIDE the case to DIRECTLY on the mobo/chipset, I have no idea.

Bastards! :mad::mad:

11. Necrosis

Hey man does your card sit a little "weird" on your chipset heatsink?

12. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

Huh...no...I don' think so. Lemme check....

Nope, it's got about 1/4 inch clearance from touching.

13. Grimmwor

Grimmwor New Member

Accelero X2 Sucks

Hey guys I got my new X2 a couple days ago and installed it and I am sooo disappointed. I waited so long for that thing to finally come out and now that I have it, it's clear that it's not up to the task. My gpu temp gets up to about 95C at load and is about 55C at idle. To make things worse, when this thing starts getting hot and the Accelero X2 fans speeds up it makes the chipset temp on my DFI Lanpart Nf4 UltraD go up which in turn makes the fan speed up (on the chipset). My chipset temps exceed 60C at load and the fan runs at over 7000rpms at load with the Accelero X2 installed.

One of the main reasons I got the Accelero X2 was becuase it was supposed to be quiet. It is fairly quiet, but it does not cool as well as the stock cooler, despit what all the reviews say. Additionally, the heat it blows down on my chipset fan makes it the loudest component in my pc.

I know that someone out there is going to be tempted to ask "are you sure you have good contact?". Well, it's as good as it's going to get. I followed the instructions precisely. Besides that, AC targeted this cooler specifically for only two cards, the x1800 and the x1900. If there is not good contact, then that suggests that it's poorly designed. Since they are only working with one reference design, the contact should be perfect.

Anyway, if you have an X1900XTX (or any X1900 for that matter) and you are thinking about getting the Accelero X2, I would think twice...

14. Necrosis

Wow I was just getting ready to post about this. THANK YOU for posting this I was wondering how it would effect the chipset fan. I guess I'll have to wait for the Zalman VF900-Cu then.

15. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

IMO... using the x1900xtx for awhile now.... running stock you can't even hear the thing... my computer is extremely quiet.... the surroundings themselves is louder then my computer.. and i'm pretty damn picky to loud thing..

Now... overclocking and driving up the fan speeds... well.. don't really know to much about that...

16. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

17. Grimmwor

Grimmwor New Member

Follow up on Accelero X2

Just wanted to make a follow up posting. I just put the reference cooler back on my Sapphire X1900XTX and my chipset temps went down 10C!!! Idle at around 40, load at 50. Load temp on the card with reference cooler is 91C and idle is at 50C. The reference cooler is definitely louder than the Accelero X2. I just don't understand why Arctic Cooling didn't stick with their traditional design...it's a shame. Oh well, one more item to add to the box of tried, tested and crap pc components out in my garage.

Is there anyone that has a 7900GTX yet that can tell me how loud or quiet it is?

18. SFOSOK

SFOSOK 939 Goin Strong

Why is that a dual slot card Neon (or triple slot rather). They could have easily made it a single slot solution for the graphics card portion

19. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

Hell, I wouldn't mind a triple card solution man. The amount of heat produced by this card MUST go outside the case. It's just too much for the chipset and surrounding area. Thanks for confirming our suspicions about the X2 Grim.

20. Scoop

Scoop DriverHeaven Alcoholic

Exactly mate. I have found exactly the same. I hope someone gets there arse kicked at AC. Its blowing the hot air back into your case and not expelling it like the original fan does. Thus in turn heats the hole system up causing lock ups and no end of bother. Im back to the dust blower and all is great again. Im very disapointed with my purchase!

Regards
    Scoop