X1900 XTX series a DUST-BUSTER...Is these true ??

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by Alien1, Jan 29, 2006.

1. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

wtf.... i can't even hear my x1900xtx stock cooler...

2. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

Then you must be deaf. I finally caved today and picked up the tidewater. It cools 10c better than stock @ 100% fan and is DEAD SILENT. Good enough for Jod.

[​IMG]

3. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

Dunno why some of you guys are so afraid of water cooling. I've been using a Koolance Exos since Feb 2003, and never had a problem with leakage even with the original water blocks that used the 'crimped on' type clamps. The newer waterblocks use compression fittings and are pretty much fool/leak proof.

If an old fart like me can make it work, you 'kids' shouldn't have any problems ;)

4. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

Well I'm afraid of water in general because of this...

[​IMG]

5. Judas

i've a silent machine with a x1900xtx (stock settings)

it's so quiet that people didn't realize it was running until they touch the mouse and move it.

i'm running a business, and some of my customers have requested fast and silent machines... i was quite impressed with the x1900xtx cause of how quiet it is..

the only time you ever hear it is when the computer is first booted..... from there on... the cpu fan is probably the loudest @ a whooping 2200rpm 92mm fan....

6. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

At default settings, running F.E.A.R. @ 1680x1050 4x Adaptive Anti-Aliasing and 16x High Quality Anisotropic Filtering...High details except for soft shadows...it's NOT QUIET.

7. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

How do you cool the ram on your card now?

8. Judas

what's your abient temperature? 27?

i'm running some games @ 2560x1600 right now with some solid 75fps (vsync on)...

UT2004 looks utterly amazing at that resolution i must add

9. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

I had ramsinks on, but they kept falling off, hehe. I took the tide back. Numerous issues, but mainly for $100 bucks, I hoped for better than stock performance. When I say "better than stock" I mean 100% fan on. It sure was quiet tho.

As for my ambient temp, it varies. From 22-25c depending on my mood. The fan does remain quiet unless I game, which of course turns it up quite a few notches. But I hate to leave the fan at stock cause I know it's capable of giving me some nice OC. Therein lies the problem, hehe. If the potential's there, I'm gonna exploit it, noise be damned.

10. Alien1

Alien1 Banned

He is right guys

When you do not play games the fan is almost silent but
    during play in demanding games the X1900XTX Fan is pretty LOUD unfortunately

But i guess also the Sound and the fan Rotation of the X1900XTX has to do with what Case are you using and if you are using any other Chassis Fans too etc

11. Judas

hmmm.... i haven't fired up fear let alone played it... but i ran quake 4 demo on a continueous loop @ the 2560x1600x32 with 16xAF and i'm not sure if this setting took effect, but 2xFSAA and although it did get louder, it still was fairly damn quiet....

And i will agree with the CASE thing, i've encounter numerous cases where they seem to vibrate or resenate with different fans or rpms of fans or even hardrives.. ever heard a case where the sound was fairly loud and all do to a hardrive?

I currently have 5 machines i've tried the x1900xtx in... one of which sound quite loud in comparison to the others.... no doubts a fair bit louder...

12. dipstick

dipstick New Member

I don’t know guys, I’ve tried mine in an Antec Sonata and a CM Stacker and it was still just as loud. I think it comes down to each individuals hearing and not his case(to some extent). But quiet this card is not by any means, in 2D or 3D. With a psu and three 120mm fans the X1900 is all I hear in any situation. I pop in an old 9800 and all of a sudden I hear no PC...ever:)

To all you brave souls running two of these, I salute you!!

13. Judas

I got 2 of these running in an SLI rig Quad Monitor is pretty slick :D...

fairly silent yet..

And i'm pretty brutal on the hearing, i can hear a freaking clock needle slowly sliding across the inside of the glass cover... drives me nutz... so i can hear very well..

Seriously, the furnace is quite a distance away, and when it fires up, i litterly can't hear anything in my PC...

in one rig, the 2200rpm 92mm fan in the front of the case makes way more noise then my 2x 1900xtx's

14. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

Don't forget what else you have running. I've got dual exhaust/intake by 4x120mm 1200 rpm Silverstone fans that make less noise than the Vantec Stealth's of the same size. The Zalman 9500's spinning at 1500RPM, the DFI's northbridge's @ 4000RPM, and the PSU's fans are dead silent.

So the background noise is minimal. It's then and only then that the X1900 can truly shine and violate my ears in a way only meant for...um...well...anyway.

Here looks to be a good thread with regard to Accelero vs X1900. I'm prodding now for more infos.

15. Sandok

Sandok New Member

What you guys should have waited for is this:

[​IMG]

Never any noise problems with the good old folks at HIS

16. Jodiuh

Jodiuh New Member

Now THAT'S a bundle!

17. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

18. Dawie

Dawie New Member

Does anyone know if newegg.com can deliver to south africa.

19. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

well i finally graduated to the x1900xt and I am embaressed by the fan, it's horendus any higher than 50% speed