X800 users I need your help pls.

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by racingx, Apr 7, 2005.

1. racingx

racingx New Member

Recently I bought a X800XT His IceQII and things have been running great. I did a fresh format when I got the card because my old card was a 6800GT and installed the newest 5.3Cats from ATI. IQ is great in all games and such but I noticed one bug with 3dmark03 Mother Nature test that I never saw on my 6800GT. This bug is very hard to see and took me about a day of looping the test to catch it. Im not saying that it took a day to make it happen just that it took me a day to get a screenshot of it because it happens so quick.

If you look at the picture attached you will see were I have drawn a arrow to the point were I am seeing the flash I guess you could call it. Now keep in mind it happens very quick and only for about 1/4 second. If you have the Pro edition of 3dmark03 I suggest putting the FPS option to 100 because it makes the scene render very slow and makes the "flash" easier to see.
    [​IMG]

The reason I ask X800 owners to test is because I didnt see the flash with my 9800pro or 6800GT. I am just trying to confirm this bug so I can either A. RMA the card or B. Submit a bug report to ATI.

Just a note that is the only graphic fault I have seen Even 3dmark05 loops for hours with no problems. Thank you for the help. Just to let you know it is kinda hard to see it in the screenshot but if you see it in motion it is very clear.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2005
  2. racingx

racingx New Member

Could someone with a X800 series card test this for me too so I can see whether to submit a bug report to ATI or RMA the card pls.

3. GeneralClaymore

GeneralClaymore Active Member

dont worry about 3dmark go enjoy ur games. dont worry about a silly benchmark. go frag some people in ut2k4 or something. when i had my X800pro i didnt notice any of them problems.