x800xxxVIVO and TV Wonder-VE play together nicely???

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by mikej, Sep 7, 2005.

1. mikej

mikej New Member

Greetings,

I have had a TV Wonder VE and 9700pro(AGP) together working quite well for the past couple years??? or so and plan on upgrading my video card in the near future. I'm currently runnin the latest release of MMC 9.08 with the 5.8 cat drivers without issue.

Being an ATI kinda guy I plan on pickin up at least an x800pro VIVO, x800xl (VIVO) or perhaps hang out for a 5xx series card with VIVO. Beings that my VE ONLY has MONO-composite-in I want to capture all my non-tv video thru the x800 and only use the VE for TV viewing/capture. My question is does anyone use this configuration or know if a newer VIVO card will capture (both s-vid and comp STEREO) properly along side my VE??

thanx in advance

2. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

It should, theyre both ATI products and they use their own drivers.... I've even seen ATI cards work with nVidia cards + drivers so there shouldn't be any problems.

3. mikej

mikej New Member

I was kinda lookin for anyone with vid-cap issues runnin a tv-wonder along side a rage theater enabled display adapter.....

thanx for the reply

4. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Well if you havent found anyone then thats a good sign right? :p

My AiW card works with a TV wonder and its got the same Rage theatre chip so I'd say you'd be fine. I wouldn't worry.