XBox 360 Reverse Compatibility: The Big List

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by pr0digal jenius, Nov 18, 2005.

1. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

HERE is the list of the 212 some odd games from the original XBox that will be reverse compatible at launch

2. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

that's so gay you hae to download support. theres so many people that cant afford xbox live, they cant easily get the updates. maybe some people dont exactly have the knowledge how to sent it over easily from their PC as well.

ps2 was smarter, support all games out of the box. few have their problems but 85 or 90% worked completely fine

3. Rammy

Rammy DriverHeaven PR / Reviewer

Full Spectrum Warrior? Brothers In Arms? Splinter Cell? latest Rainbow six?

Most new sports games are not included?

Sad :sigh:

4. Randomletters

Randomletters ))((

Live is free with the 360 though. Inserting the game will promt a window to pop up asking to download and install the emulater

5. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

then on top of that you have to have an internet connection. many people dont have a router, are too cheap for it or have the ability to move the cable over to simply download. its a hassle. something so simple should come out of the box.

6. MiDri

MiDri New Member

Price of technological advancement, at least they opted for leting you use old games at all.

(Btw, their not emulations -- their recompiled binarys of the exicutables so they will run on a powerPC processor.)

7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Live is "sorta" free. There will be 2 versions of Xbox Live with the 360: Live Silver, and Live Gold. The Silver, which comes with the 360 at launch is free, which allows for general chatting, ability to download extra content and demos, and gives you access to purchase Xbox Live Arcade games. What it doesn't include, yet is part of Live Gold, is multiplayer game access, and exclusive downloads. This is the biggest misleading piece of info that Microsoft seems to have decided not to tell the average gamer.

Give it a read for yourself.

Now, the question is this: do you have to be a member of Live Gold in order to download the files that allow for support of more games?

8. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

Indeed. Fact remains most of the people who have the games for the Xbox will have an Xbox to play them on. Who bought a PS2 to play PS1 games?

9. Sargentwhitey

Sargentwhitey Has a JOB..

They had better add Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 to that list. :p

10. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

well im keeping my xbox 1 kuz i know all my friends will buy 360 play perfect dark and doa4 for a week then be right back to halo 2 lmao THE night halo 3 comes out im picking up a 360 and halo 3 because im a halo fan not an xbox fan:D halo 3 for pc would be awesome but not if its like halo 1 for pc......wouldent halo 3 pc>xbox live play be awesome??? oops getting alittle off-topic here:bleh:.....back on topic get yourself fitness the fuck off of that list lmfao :rofl:

11. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

If you can't/won't pony up the dollars, you don't get the toys....simple as that.

Nintendo and sega fans never bitched about having to keep the old hardware to play the old games....why should XBox fans?

I have never once used a PS1 game in a PS2. Ever. This is a total non issue, IMO, as nobody is going to have XBox games without having an XBox to play them on....and if "switching cables" is such a hassle, people can pay the $20 "laziness fee" and buy an RF switch

12. T100

T100 New Member

I don't have my PS1 anymore, but i still have some of the best games, like FF8, GT2, and CV:SOTN so I throw them in my PS2 when im in the mood. I only wish that one of major consoles would be compatable with Dreamcast games, then I can finally unplug that mother.

Could you imagine how cool PS3 would be if you could play DC games......