Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jan 1, 2009.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

So I have and have gotten quite a few games for the PC that are compatible with the Xbox controllers, sure I could use an aftermarket controller but I've tried them and they don't seem to be truly compatible with the games, so I decided to grab something that might help me with this problem. Seeing as I have an Xbox and the controllers I figured why not get the Wireless receiver that will let me use my Xbox controllers with my PC games.

Logla likes this.
  2. Vehicon

Vehicon The Cable Guy

Thats what i use for my controller games.

3. Logla

Logla Well-Known Member

I have a wired controller for my laptop, I think its awfull. The analogue sticks never seem to centre properly and I have to use 3rd party apps to get it to work smoothly. Cant comment on the wireless one but I would imagine its the same. Once you do get it setup the way you want though its fine. its just a bit fiddly to be perfect.

Jason English likes this.
  4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I found the same thing. There is a distinct difference between the analog sticks on the wired vs the wireless controllers, but I can't explain why other than that the left stick is not centered properly in the pad. By this I mean that I think there is just a little too much play room in the casing, so the stick sort of floats slightly, which in trun causes some drifting.

Anyways, I've had the receiver since the day it came out a year or so ago, but I always had the wired controller as a backup until recently when I got rid of it when I upgraded to an HDMI 360. Never used it again after I got the receiver. So, since the trade in for the new 360 didn't specify that it HAD to be a wireless controller, off it went, and I got a new wireless one in return. ;)

Last edited: Jan 2, 2009