Xbox Boss' Latest Comments Are Bad News for PS5 Players

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

The latest comments from Phil Spencer -- the head of Xbox -- are seemingly bad news for PlayStation players hoping to play some of the next generation's biggest games on PS5. Last month, Microsoft announced the acquisition of Bethesda's parent company ZeniMax media. This means Microsoft now owns the following series: The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Starfield, DOOM, Wolfenstein, Dishonored, Prey, Rage, The Evil Within, Ghostwire Tokyo, and Death Loop. That's a lot of valuable IP Microsoft now controls, and it looks like most of it won't be coming to the PS5.

While Microsoft has already confirmed Bethesda games already announced for the PS5 are still coming to the console, it doesn't look like this will continue with future releases, or at least Spencer isn't committing to bringing future Bethesda games to PS5.

During a new interview, Spencer was asked if it's possible for Microsoft to recoup its $7.5 billion investment in Bethesda if it doesn't bring games like The Elder Scrolls 6 to PS5. Replying to this, Spencer quickly said "yes."

2. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I dont mind console wars but this I don't like, If a console company wants to setup its own exclusive IP (Like Last of Us or Gears of War) and keep that exclusive to their company then thats fine, but to just buy out company after company like this is just going to cause problems. Sony will start to do the same and no one will win

Trusteft likes this.
  3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

For me this is a good enough reason to NOT get an Xbox. One thing to have your own IP exclusive, totally different to grab a known for decades developer/publisher and force them to be console exclusive. Disgusting and unacceptable.

Mr Cairo likes this.