"Xbox Music" Offers Free Streaming to Windows and Xbox ... Sort Of

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Jul 1, 2013.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

Microsoft has just announced Xbox Music, its "All-in-One Music Service" for Windows PCs, tablets, and Xbox game consoles which combines features from several different online stores and services. Like Pandora, it lets you stream music online; like Spotify, it lets you pick specific songs and artists. It has an iTunes/Amazon style music store, and next year it will add a Google Play Music/Amazon Cloud Drive-style digital locker which lets you upload your own music and listen anywhere. Basically, pick any music app that you have; Microsoft's trying to do it all with its new Xbox Music app. It even has Napster-style music subscriptions.

2. SeanPatrick

SeanPatrick Member

... But it doesn't recognize FLAC files, which is half my music collection, so it's useless.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I don't even know if it works in my country, but the last thing I want in life is to give more money to MS, directly or indirectly.

4. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

I already pay for bastard live why should i have to pay EVEN MORE a year to access this as a standalone service?

5. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I can't understand why the Xbox 360 is the most successful console in Britain when you have to pay to play online, when it's free to play online with the PS3, makes no sense really.

6. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Might have something to do with most North American and UK media at the time of release and perhaps later on, were 100% pro Microsoft (for whatever reasons...)

Plus the 360 got an early foothold and for years the PSN was a joke, including the multiplayer capabilities of it.