XFX reliable on ATi cards?

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by YnHDaRkMaN, Mar 25, 2010.

1. YnHDaRkMaN

YnHDaRkMaN Image of the invisible...

As you can see, I'm planning to get a 5670 later on (see sig)...
    My best option here is a 512MB XFX
    I already know that XFX is the best when it comes to Nvidia cards, but what about ATi?
    Already thought it would be nice to have the lifetime warranty they offer, but since I'm not in the US, RMA would be kinda costly and difficult to me if anything fails, so I'm stuck with a 1-year warranty that the online retailer offers...
    I've always had some kind of 'bad luck' with gfx cards, 2 of them died shortly after 1 year of use sadly (well, the previous x1650 still works, but fan died and found no suitable replacement here on Mexico), and that's why I'm looking for something very reliable...
    My other options seem to be an original ATi, Powercolor and a slightly more expensive Sapphire

What do you guys think?

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

imo.

I stick to the Sapphire ATI cards simply for the fact that i've so many of those cards that have worked from day one and never given me a problem.

The only time i've had an issue is when i've received them DOA.. if that occurs..... it's quite easy to get replaced.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I can't comment on XFX quality, never had one or know personally someone who had one. I have used Sapphire cards, and have one now, and I am very satisfied with their products.

4. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

One thing I found odd about XFX is that one one of our members had XFX cards that he wanted to crossfire, but XFX Hadn't supplied crossfire bridges with the card(s) :confused:

I've been using Sapphire cards lately, and I've gotten crossfire bridges with all of them.

Not having a crossfire bridge isn't the end of the world, but it does seem like a pretty petty thing to leave out if you are wanting to be known as a 'quality' brand.

5. YnHDaRkMaN

Thanks a lot for the comments!
    So far its been Sapphire all the way, no surprise :D

6. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's relevant since I've only had it for less than two months and now I've replaced it with a Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X, but my XFX 5770 has worked like a charm and I could overclock it as far as the levers allowed me to...

7. YnHDaRkMaN

Of course it is!
    Thanks man

Any other thoughts from other members are still welcome, please feel free to post if you like :D

8. dipstick

dipstick New Member

The cards themselves should be identical so my vote goes to xfx which has a much better warranty. Two years vs. transferable lifetime warranty adds quite a bit more resale value and ease of mind imho. Plus the support service is much better and so much faster with xfx. Try out the support of each and see for yourself;)

9. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

Not to sound like a fan but IMHO Sapphire is the best ATi partner out there and their cards are very very reliable :)

10. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I have the XFX HD 5770 I GB GDDR5 card and love it! It's my first-ever XFX video card. I've had communication with the support staff via the online support email and they do respond. The support was about the Gray/Green Screen Vertical Line problem. The problem is not specific to XFX but to ALL brands of the HD 5xxx series cards as far as posts I've reviewed show.

Other than this problem, which is up to ATI to resolve, the card has performed in every other way to my satisfaction.

11. Optix

Optix Slave To Technology

I have used XFX's Nvidia cards for years without any problems. Their tech support and double lifetime, overclocker and modder friendly warranty is superb. Like anything there is just no such thing as a 100% perfect manufacturing processes so there will be issues.

As far as trusted manufacturers go I would really only choose XFX (ATI/Nvidia), EVGA (Nvidia) or Sapphire (ATI). As I mentioned there may be issues with the card but I don't want there to be any issues with the support I receive. That's the clincher for me.

12. YnHDaRkMaN

Well, after reading all the posts, I'm leaning towards XFX...

Thanks a lot guys for your time and responses :D