Xmas etc presents

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Have you bought yours? (for yourself), planning to? wish you could?

I have my bday very close to xmas day and I am very tempted to buy something a bit expensive (for my wallet). I am thinking of buying the special collectors edition of Bladerunner on Blue-Ray, the one in the plastic suitcase with the poster and miniature spinner. It's very expensive at about £125...then there is the whole thing of being a Blue Ray collection...I don't have a player, and I guess the cheapest way would be to buy blue ray drive for my PC, which would might as well be a bd-r drive which costs another £180 and I would have to find a region free either drive or software player...so as you can understand I am having second thoughts about this lol.

If not the above, then I think I will get myself the book The Demon-Haunted World by Carl Sagan that I used to own but has been lost, for about £3, the DVD plain Final Cut version of Bladerunner at another £14 and a pizza.

2. Trusteft

Soooo, is this like a taboo subject for you guys/gals? lol

3. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

nope ... I just talked with Santa and he isn't pleased at all..... ;)

4. swimtech

swimtech Well-Known Member

Exactly, Santa has fits about this stuff every year around this time - we've spoken as well...

I like the second set of choices - more stuff at good quality for much less money, and PIZZA!

I'd wait on the Blade Runner (awesome - I own the Beta format tape :rolleyes:) Collection until after getting the player.

I want some nice new tennis shoes - comfortable, long lasting, not too flashy - please Santa?

5. Dark Lord

Dark Lord Well-Known Member

ive got a couple orders im working on. just need to find what parts i need, and how much of it i can order all from the same site.

all corvette related again this year.

6. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

my widescreen has yet to come and i still feel the pain of my bank account.......

:(

7. Stop It

Stop It HHs' Resident Kitty Lover

*Hides his Final Cut Double HD DVD bought for £3*

Anywho, I dunno what I want to get myself for Christmas, I want a HD 4870 but do not went to spend £200 on a gfx card again (Last time I done that was for a Geforce 6800, 4 years ago), aside from that, if anyone wants to chuck me an iPod touch I'd be very happy! :D

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

I never have bought myself a christmas present .... usually means I get nada :rolleyes:

No biggy, the Yule season isn't about "getting" it's about giving to others.

Peace,
    Tyrsonswood

swimtech likes this.
  9. topbob

topbob New Member

Yep, this year it comes as a 1.5tb Seagate.

10. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Oh.. I'd like to give myself some hardware as a christmas/birthday present.
    (11 dec was my birthday :) ) The things I'd like: new cpu, new gpu, new monitor. it's all old and it can't keep up with today's new stuff. The monitor has dead pixels and scratches on the screen.. but I just don't have to money to do so. I am sort of saving all I can for the next couple of years as I am going to study in Switzerland.
    But now I think about it, I think I gave myself a winter sport vacation as a present for next year march :D

11. Lowfat

Lowfat Xtreme

I buy myself gifts all year long :p I don't need Christmas to justify buying myself something.

12. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Absolutely no idea what i'm getting but when my mum took me to get my train's season ticket to be re-newed (wallet got nicked last week) she said she'd been christmas shopping for me but she might take whatever she bought back because i'm probably not gonna like it.

So that probably means it's gonna be something i've moaned about all year lol (like a 360) because last year they kept telling me "i hope you don't want a computer because we can't afford one" then i ended up with my base machine that i've turned into this one lol

13. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

Am set for X-mass just got my graphics card (HD4850 1gb for those who dont know) and i plan to game till my fingers drop off!!!

14. trapezoid

trapezoid New Member

I got myself a massage oils set and a trip to Trump Plaza in Atlantic City for their spa treatments. :D Oh man.

15. charm_quark

charm_quark incognito

well I'll like to upgrade my box, would love to have a new cpu and a new gpu but that will be coming in jan some time, but i guess till then I'm not getting any xmas presents :tears:

16. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i've purchased enough stuff, the only thing i genuinely would like on my list would be one of the following:

New Custom Built house
    New Car of my choosing
    An Indoor Pool/Hot tub
    Movie theater....

All of which are obvioiusly not just as easy as going out and shopping around for a good price..... :p

i'll wait to see what i get..... after which i'll probably end up getting more useless crap i don't need and selling it.

17. Trusteft

Well, I just finished ordering my gifts (for myself).
    The 5 dvd bladerunner final cut version
    The Demon-haunted world: science as a candle in the dark (Carl Sagan) Library binding.
    Empire from the Ashes (weber, david)
    Speechless (Mish Mash)
    Neon Nights (2CD remastered and expanded) - Dannii Minogue.

Very good price too, all of them are on sale or something. For example Speechless is at £0.98 The most expensive is the Sagan book at £19. Not bad!

18. swimtech

Cool...

You know, I may have to look into that Carl Sagan book since you brought it up - paperback though if available.

19. Trusteft

One of the best books of our times IMO.
    As for Carl Sagan, the closest thing to a hero for me. (together with Alexander the Great and the crew of the USS Enteprise D).

20. swimtech

Heh, just checked this morning - our library had it, it's waiting for me at the circulation desk right now.