XPS Gen 2(GeForce GO 6800 Ultra) and Omega Drivers

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Bracol7, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Bracol7

Bracol7 New Member

I have always loved omega drivers but since I bought my new XPS Gen 2 a few months ago I have never been able to use them. Everytime I have them installed and I boot my computer on battery power, I get a nasty blue screen of death after the windows scrolling bar completes, and corrupted video when running on battery in windows. What could be causing this? Does it maybe have to do with me selecting the wrong graphic card when installing the drivers? I select Geforce 6800 Ultra and although my card is obviously a mobile card the GeForce GO 6800 Ultra, that option is not available and so therefore that is the closest choice I believe I can choose?

Has anyone else had this problem and/or know any fixes for it? I would really like to get omega back on my computer again.

2. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Well, it might have to do with the fact that the nvidia Omega Drivers have not been updated in quite a while. Don't know for sure, but maybe your card is not supported or something, or your system doesn't like the old drivers. I would give the DHZeropoints a shot, they are good solid drivers and are up to date. Omega's nvidia project is on hold for a while, no news of when he will get back to it. make sure to run DriverCleaner for best results after uninstalling your current drivers (read instructions, run in safe mode, etc.). Good luck. All can be found here, http://www.driverheavendownloads.net/