Xtreme Music loosing sound in games

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by myconcern, Jun 28, 2014.

1. myconcern

myconcern New Member

I started having issues with latest official driver, and same thing happens with PAX 1.15 and 1.20.
    I can listen to music all day long, but when I enter the game, sound goes mute, after a few minutes.
    Never used to have this kind of issue, I reinstalled drivers numerous times.
    System is Win 7 64-bit.

2. deton24

deton24 New Member

Sorry for my English
    You tried Game Mode? Onboard card disabled in Bios? It's only mute of game? Anything insted, when you exit from game, works as before? You tried system loud regulator (You can adjust specific program's loud, maybe it's from system settings, check there). On the end, try to place card in another PCI Slot. 64 bit systems makes more problems with Creative cards.

3. myconcern

myconcern New Member

I did try Game Mode same thing. Sound isn't working when I exit the game, and I need to change etc from headphone mode to speaker.
    And actually, sound is still there, just really quiet, you almost can't hear it on max.

I did try another slot, and I've been using 64-bit system all the time with this card, and didn't have this issue.

4. deton24

deton24 New Member

Here you tried?

Eventually system
    reinstall

Attached Files:

5. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

or Upgrade to z series ;) you can get one for 65 bucks for refurb one I have no issues sound much better.

6. myconcern

myconcern New Member

I'm saying that sound is working fine in games for a few minutes, then goes almost mute.
    I do know how to use volume mixer, I'm not an idiot.

7. Robert McClelland

did you installed a sweeper or cleaner .net for driving cleaning and something like iolo System Mechanic? I been using there software for years I don't have any sound issue on all cards.

8. myconcern

myconcern New Member

I have, still the same.

9. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

You know you people shouldn't get so arsey when people offer suggestions. The amount of time people go to forums with issues and it turns out to be the most basic, obvious thing you wouldn't believe.

Truth is it could be any one of a million things causing it and if those who are offering advice don't know exactly what you are doing, everything you have tried and what every component in your system is they are basically just shooting in the dark.

My advice would be to do system re-install, (like the other guy said) and see if that helps. :eek:

10. myconcern

myconcern New Member

I already used the card on this system, without it happening.
    I have said that sound disappears while playing, so there is obviously sound when I enter. And can't be volume mixer problem.
    The suggestion was misplaced.

11. deton24

deton24 New Member

Ok, goes almost mute, almost, so you're not hearing disappearing of soundcard with device manager sounds.
    Sorry for that, I need to be sure.
    Next solutions, that can be everything and nothing, and I had similar problem.
    Enter to playing devices, disable all except your of use, press left mouse button twice in it, go advanced chose 16/44 (after all you can change). Disable all recording devices. (you enable them by right click of mouse->show disabled/unplugged devices), Swith mode of soundcard, now for audio creation. Restart computer.
    Try. Don't turn on any other process using card (music etc.). If failed. Restart, change mode to entertainment, after that, to creation again, change speaker mode (from hdphs to 2.1/5.1/reverse).
    If work, not everything of this couses that problem of course. You need to find yourself what exacly.
    That's all what you need to check.
    It seems that your card is bugging with system. I'm afraid that eventually format will not help even, only x86 will guarantees more compatibility in this case.
    Sorry for my English.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  12. myconcern

myconcern New Member

Thanks for the advice, still no luck.
    Sound becomes almost mute after few minutes, when I set it on max it's barley there.
    After a restart works fine, until I play some game for more than five minutes.

13. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

First thing I would do is that, if it's connected, disconnect the case's front panel audio header from the sound card. If you have the version that comes with the 5.25" bay drive try disconnecting the grey cable from the sound card that connects to it. Either way, after that, connect your speakers/headphones to either the green jack on the back if you have the basic card, or the 3rd port furthest from the D connector (or 2nd port in from the side you screw down the card into the case) if you have the sound card/drive bay version.

14. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

It's odd that games trigger this issue. Most modern games should be functionally identical to playing music as far as the audio card is concerned. It's just an audio source. The only difference I can think of is that the games will send a 5.1 signal rather than a stereo signal. Unless you are playing older games that use EAX processing. My intuition is that either the fact that it is 5.1 or you are using something like EAX is triggering a problem in either the driver or hardware.

Which games are you playing. What audio settings do you use for these games. Do you play with headphones. Do you use CMSS 3D. Do you have 5.1 speakers and have you set 5.1 speakers in both Windows CPL and Creative Console Launcher if so. Have you tried the latest official Creative driver instead of the PAX driver.

I used an xtremeMusic for about 7 years but never experience a problem like this.

15. Robert McClelland

Do you have power hookup to champ with the lighting bolt box to it? If not that maybe why?

16. myconcern

myconcern New Member

I use Headphones. Games I played are WoT, BF3, Watch Dogs, Titanfall...
    I don't have front panel, and I don't use it.

I have connected power cable to the card, same issue when I disconnect it.

17. myconcern

myconcern New Member

I reinstalled system to Win 8.1 update 1 x64, still the same issue.
    Maybe its hardware problem?

18. myconcern

myconcern New Member

I'm trying now SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0013, but can't install, says newer version of driver already on system.
    Driver Sweeper says all is removed, what to do?

19. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

If you have just done a fresh OS install and the problem is still there it does sound like a hardware issue. As for the driver problem, sounds like Windows has installed a driver with Windows Update, SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_30_0004.exe is the latest driver on the creative forum.

20. Robert McClelland

Or could be missing your device id? Is oem card?