XtremeGamer Dell OEM Error

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by justinnickovtime, Apr 15, 2013.

1. justinnickovtime

justinnickovtime New Member

When I install the PAX drivers, I'm getting "the device cannot start. Error code 10" message. I'm pretty sure it's a XtremeGamer OEM card from Dell. Here is the hardware id - HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_000A&SUBSYS_11020010&REV_1000

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

2. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Few questions (mostly to help out Robert):

- Is this for a PC or laptop?

- If for a PC card, is there any way you can post a picture of it?

- Which format is the card? PCI (long connetor) or PCIe (short connector?

- Which driver were you trying to install, and what operating system?

This will help Robert (and us) to figure out what card you actually have, however from what I can tell this ID (000A) is tagged for the SB1040, a PCIe version of the Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  3. justinnickovtime

Here it is - hardwareheaven.com/members/198397/albums/226/760.jpg

It's the PCI version. On the back, it says the model number is SB0770 (b). I tried the Official PAX MASTER PCI XFI Driver Suite 2013 V1.00 ALL OS Stable Drivers version, but it gave me the code 10 error. Before I installed the drivers, it showed up as a High Definition Audio Device. It didn't have the code 10 error, but I wasn't getting any sound.

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you try have disk threw device manager?

5. Tipstaff

I know that card. It's a custom OEM card that guys like Dell, Alienware, and HP sold. Should show up as an X-Fi Audio Card if I remember correctly... at least with those guys drivers. Odd though that it's showing up as VEN_1102&DEV_000A and not VEN_1102&DEV_000C as it should. Last time I ran across this card, the only way I could get it to work was with one of the DriverPack packages. However, that was on XP.

What Robert is suggesting is updating/installing the drivers via Device Manager (by picking the card in Device Manager, and updating/installing the driver by pointing it to the extracted drivers).

Quick question: what operating system are you using? XP, Vista, Windows 7/8?

Edit:
    Came across THIS thread just now which should refresh Roberts memory.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2013
  6. justinnickovtime

The card in that thread is the exact same one that I have. In fact, when I install the PAX drivers, it shows up as - PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005 ( I can't remember the rest, and I'm not at home right now)

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. When I ran the PAX drivers setup, it installed all of the software and drivers, but it never actually applied the driver to my card. After the installation, I rebooted, and went into the Device Manager. It still showed up as High Definition Audio Device, so I applied the driver manually using "have disk". Unfortunately, that's when it gives me the error code 10.

I thought that maybe I was applying the driver to the wrong card, but I'm not.

Also, the card worked great in the Dell it was pulled from. The Dell had Windows XP SP2 and it was using the stock Dell drivers.

7. Tipstaff

Couple things you could try.

In researching the issue I found references to people claiming that they were able to get the drivers for the plain X-Fi Titanium to install (even though it's a PCIe card), or that they had to install the driver manually that the OEM put out (either Dell or Alienware), and when they ran the Creative driver after that it installed it's own drivers over top.

So, HERE is a link to the last Alienware set of drivers. It's specifically for the SB0770 card (as per their page HERE, just head to the bottom). They are for XP/Vista 32bit, but from what I was reading they should install into Windows 7, even 64bit, although you might have to install them manually (via Device Manager). Or you can try the Dell set I found HERE for the XPS 420 which say they support Vista64 (these are the drivers I used on a clients machine waaaay back when.. took me a while to find the file). After that you could try installing the Creative set for the Titanium or the Xtreme Gamer, or try the PAX set again, although in both cases I would "update" them manually instead of using the installer.