You want drawings? (56K WARNING!)

Discussion in 'Heavenly Visions & Echoes' started by skylineaddict, Jun 16, 2009.

1. skylineaddict

skylineaddict Sleep Deprived Ant

Well, you can't have 'em! Just kidding, here you go!

[​IMG]

This is my least favorite. I'm an atheist, I hate Hinduism (It's like Scientology but it's a little more believable), and I had no choice but to do it for my mother.

[​IMG]

This one was a gift to a good friend of mine. She loves Zelda, and I just figured it would be appropriate to give this to her.

[​IMG]

I wish this turned out a little better. I spent a lot of time on it, but I just couldn't get some of the parts right... It is, however, the best one in this post.

The video should be available tomorrow at the end of the day (All my videos remain private for about a day before I release them into the public). Hope you liked em :D.

kris23, Mac Daddy and cozumel like this.
  2. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

I think they're all stunning. You have a talent I can only wish for....

Edit: Nice youtube vids. It takes about 4-5 minutes to watch each video. How long does each drawing actually take to create?

3. skylineaddict

It usually depends. The last drawing in this post took just under 5 hours. The drawing of Hayley Westenra took less than 3 hours. Some of my much older works took around an hour or less. Of course, I don't sit down for hours at a time. I usually have 1 hour sessions (Because I'm really lazy).

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

good work man, pleasure to see some of your talent again man!!

5. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

You truly are the best drawing-artist i've ever seen, i seriously respect you and your talents :) You should apply for a job as a concept artist, game developers are practically crying out for them at the minute it could make you some serious cash :)

6. skylineaddict

My brain finds it impossible to create. It only mimics or copies... Many people have suggested that I go into designing, but truth is, I really cannot create something without a reference. That's why I say I'm not THAT good.

7. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

Well if design's not your forté (Note the accent, NOTE IT :D) why not go into family portraits or something similair? You wouldn't beleive how much people pay for those sometimes

8. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

If you develope your own style, and that is just a step away, you can achieve a great deal. I spent the first twenty years of my creative life just trying to find a particuler style that I could call my own. It might not be what people expect, but I like it. I think you will develope something you enjoy yourself soon, if you dont already. It isnt Zen, but you have to find the voice within you that made you want to try to create before and listen again to what you want to see, or hear or feel and see where it leads you.
    I too can copy many different styles, but I have convinced myself to stay focussed on what I like. In my house I still hang pictures of things I have photographed or sketched that pleases me, but I try to find the transformation that occured when I first saw something and try to capture it.
    With your talent, you have found the voice, and you can express it, just got to get out of the box I guess.
    Your imagination can build an image of what you think it should look like and you use your hands and eyes and ears to render it, so you are just one step away from finding your voice, your muse, or your own style.
    I look forward to your endeavors, keep up the good work.
    And if you truly wish to start your journey towards the spiritual world of your talent, start with small steps or ideas and let the energy flow.

Look at the early work of Vermeer or Durer, both artist whose best work was simply drawings about ideas, and not in fashion with what paid the bills at the time, but reflections of their own creative spirit.
    Cheers.

9. Mac Daddy

Mac Daddy New Member

Great work again very detailed :)

10. skylineaddict

I guess I just don't care enough about developing my drawing skills. The only thing I really want to do is to get my portraits to look more like the picture. That's about as far as I want to go. My future lies in computers (My parents will not even think about sending me to art school because they know I'm a computer brainiac).

A lot of painstaking work. Needless to say, I had a huge beef burger after drawing Ganesha. Nothing like a little blasphemy to soothe my nerves :D.

11. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

Wow man dont let your talent go to waste, do something in art even if its just part time :)

Ps: keep the pictures coming ;)

12. skylineaddict

13. comp_ali

comp_ali Sniper

Nice job man, your drawings are stunning