Your best experience on Driver Heaven (yes this one's for the oldies :P )

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

I guess they just moved on. TheNeonCowboy and BWX popped in to check on us recently, Vikingod too.

I'm still in contact with Swimtech and SeraphicSorcerer.

Vikingod likes this.
  2. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

I remember the site had a competition where you would get a point, for every post you made in the thread. That thread turned into a beast of a thread, with so many random posts. Me and another guy was pretty active, but none of us won, which wasn't unlucky or anything, because the numbers was against us, so no hard feelings. Or well, the other guy was pissed, which I found kinda funny.

I'm glad though, they don't do those kind of competitions any more :)

But now that I mention competitions, I've over the years won some quite nice hardware from the site. I remember winning a totally red Shuttle with an ATI card in it. That Shuttle was like an oven with that ATI card in it, but it was a cool little machine none the less.

Calliers likes this.
  3. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

Well, PJ "left" because he and Allan (Zardon) had a disagreement on something - I forget what exactly. Anyways, Allan decided that instead of outright banning him, he decided to change his contact email and password. This mean that when PJ went to go logon, it wouldn't let him and if he clicked the "forgot password" button, it would send that temporary "forgot password" email to a fake email address instead.

Sandok, I think he just fell off the face of the earth, lol.

4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Maybe like many of us, real life stuff kept coming up, no time to indulge in some posts now and then.

Asmoday likes this.
  5. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

Wow, I haven't been active in ages but I got the headsup about this thread and just had to pop by and check it out.
    Dunno how many of you remember old Asmoday, but I was a Super Mod and did some reviewing back in the day. I also ran the OC Competiton for a while.
    I have so many great memories from DH, and made some really great friends here!
    I must try to stop by more often, unfortunatly a little thing called life takes up most of my tiny chunk of free time.

6. Teme

Teme Super Moderator

Nice to see you lurking here my Swedish brother ;)

Asmoday likes this.
  7. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

:eek:
    Christ good to hear from you mate :)

Asmoday likes this.
  8. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

I know it's been a very long time since I last communicated to friends lurkers on here, but those that know me know on Sept 23rd 2003 was severely injured in Iraq, my back has been steadily worsened since the VA doesn't believe in "preventative: maintenance" they love the pills and send em home.... I have lurked when I can but my health and the bit of gaming I do for stress relief is all I do besides sleep sleep sleep sleep..... I'll try and check this thread when I can, best wishes to the friends I've made here, I also wish newcomers fond memories of late night laugh attacks....

Sorry I have not been active, I try and lurk but my healing, and rest, take a lot of my day. I hope all is well.
    I'll be back around one of these days.

jandarsun8, Calliers and Dyre Straits like this.
  9. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Lots of good times on this website. The competitions were always fun, and there were a few great flame wars over the years but most of all, I enjoyed my time as staff. I enjoyed helping out and I learned a lot, especially while writing a few hardware reviews a number of years ago. I mostly learned how out of my element I was writing hardware reviews (they got published though, thanks in no small part to Stu).

It's been nice coming back and seeing all your familiar names. Many of you are like great friends I've never met and it's good to see you again. Cheers.

10. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

I didn't know you were here in the States. There's not too many of us from here that I'm aware of.

Just glad you're around and heal all you need. You deserve it :)

11. Customgamer1

Customgamer1 Fell off the tech wagon

O man. Have to log in for this one. I will be reading everyone's posts soon! See if I can remember any of this stuff!

Dyre Straits likes this.
  12. Customgamer1

Holy cow. Cd's you still post! Great job!

CDsDontBurn and Calliers like this.
  13. Customgamer1

In fact scrolling through who had posted I remember most all of you!

Think I'm coming back in force! Get ready lol.

Reactivate my 10 year lol!

Dyre Straits likes this.
  14. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Well I have been here since 2002 (Roughly) back in the days when I did not really post much. Simply started posting the odd article for news here and there, And then invited by Stu for a NP Privilege. Later became News mod then Upped to Super mod for a couple of different reasons.

Later went and won a ATI Graphics card in a comp (Forgot which card) that were my first experience with a ATI GC, and it were appalling. In the 3 months of use many of my games simply would not play at all..

A few years ago I were sent what appeared to be just a Extra Large Corsair case,Untill it were opened up it actually contained around 3 qtrs. of a PC. Had to reuse some of the old parts from an existing pc. That were the Best Moment from DH/HH.

But any way it's good to see Falstaff (Now and then) and an appearance from Asmoday :)

And I also offer the best wishes to SeraphicSorcerer also. :)

Calliers likes this.
  15. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

Good to sse you too Jason, many of us that stood proudly years ago have gone on to other things and there are mnay gaps in the line, where veterans of the site weather any changes, many did not. For many of us, that saw DH become HH and saw changes in the staff, one thing remained constant, change.
    I have already seen KG become basically just a news site and forum participation dwindle considerably.
    I recall Javafox, and remember that when I first came here I thought it was rubbish. I. chatted with him about some of the old staff on DH and how I though this whole forum thing was utter bullshit. He agreed with me, but he always asked "why are you here?" Now that question still remains present in my mind, especially after my experience at other sites. It boils down to two things for me. I like the folks that I chat with though we have never met, and enjoy the company I keep, though we are leagues apart in terms of what we do, we say and what we believe. It is that sense of community and continuity that I need.
    There is a sense of community here, and that is why I enjoy it. that sadly is lacking now on so many other sites, including Facebook, which I think is valuable way to interact, it is even more faceless now that it ever was.
    In retrospect, the evolution of DH into HH was inevitable, but I still like coming back and catching up. When the forums begin to die or participation withers, then it is time to move on.
    Thankfully HH is still a great place to visit and enjoy humor and good times. I wish I could say the same other sites, but then no matter where we go and what we do, we still have an inner need to belong to something. I would rather come here than sit for hours and game away the day.
    In our finite existence, it is still worthwhile to share and enjoy a little company, even if it is with perfect strangers on a geeky website now and then.

Teme and Dyre Straits like this.
  16. Mousey

Mousey HH's Official Rodent

I certainly remember the change from DH to HH that took us all by surprise, I also remember when Z made me graphics mod which I thought was pretty damned cool now I'm just a site mod after the forum changes, muahahaha power ;P

We need the HH forums to be big again

Calliers likes this.
  17. GutterPunk

GutterPunk I = Greatest Dood

Mousey! Everyone! Hah. Its been a long time. I hit up Mousey when I was in the UK...haven't seen Falstaff in ages. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw Falstaff's dad more recently than him.

Anyway, whats up guys? Good to see this thread out there. I might actually have to drop in more often now.

Calliers likes this.
  18. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

19. Calliers

Calliers Administrator Staff Member

OldBuzzard, where the hell have you been man!!! You left Ty here all alone, he got some new garden tractors and all and had no one to show off too lol. :p

As for you Gutterpunk you definitely have to start making routine stops. :)

20. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

I've been enjoying retirement :D :D :D

I got the Garden Tractor bug REAL bad, and now have 17 Bolens tractors and more attachments for them that I can count.

Wife and I have been making a LOT of road trips in the motorhome traveling all over the Eastern US picking up tractors and attachments.

Also still flying Sailplanes.

Spent a good portion of last Winter in FL since it was too danged cold here in Northern Ohio. While there I managed to do something that I thought I'd never get to do: Fly a radial engined bi-plane. This one also counted a being a Warbird since it was a WWII trainer. Here's a vid of my experience...it was AWESOME :D :D :D

A week later I went back to the same place and got to do some aerobatics in a WACO VPF-7. No good vid of that flight, but here's short one that the wife took while we were warming up n the ramp.

The really great part is that other than take off and landing I flew the entire flight in both planes.

Vikingod and Dyre Straits like this.