Your credit card got a good rewards program?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Vampyromaniac, May 2, 2007.

1. technonerd

technonerd New Member

Honestly, I think that the reward thing is just a scam. I believe the credit card company is trying to get more people to apply for one.

Same thing they did almost every christmas, they increased the maxium amount in order for peolple to spent more for christmas junks. Ching CHang for the company because of interest.

2. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

Judas - you can build your credit rating by doing things like using a store card, getting cellphone with contract, using an overdraft facility etc etc

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

store card?

like a superstore card, costco card, safeway card? Answer~> If you are refering to these, no i can't get credit rating for these...

Cellphone contracts ~> I've had a cellphone under a 3 year contract for a full year almost, having a cellphone, and a contract doesn't create a credit rating at all here... So thats a no win, i actually had to put down several months of advanced cash just to get a cell phone or a landline hooked up (several hundred bucks) due to not having a credit history.

My banks (both of them) both provide overdraft, however due to having no credit history, i can not apply for an overdraft.

stupid isn't it?

4. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'd be paying it off right away, but it might save me some money on flights I take.

As opposed to now, where I'm just paying straight up for tuition, and wondering if it might be cheaper for me to get a government student loan, as people seem to be getting large portions of them relieved...

5. Vampyromaniac

Vampyromaniac confutatis maledictis

That Chase Freedom card looks OK so far.

Thankfully, I'm not a giddy 16-year-old with their first credit card :lol: I don't over-spend and I don't let interest accrue. And no, I don't pay higher prices than anyone else, and yes I have gotten something for nothing. Keep the suggestions coming!

6. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

while where on the topic beweare - washington mutual, they will give you tons of credit then watch you burn in the ashes of thier sucky intrest rates! I learned this after they gobbled up providian!

7. nerdrock

nerdrock New Member

Back on the 'Rewards' Topic ::: World of Warcraft Visa http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/visa/

I've now officially seen it all. ugh.

(i have a single 500 dollar card , 24 years old, and i don't think i've seen the card in a few years, can't remember what the hell i did with it)