Your most immersive gaming experience

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by HardwareHeaven, Jun 4, 2005.

1. BWX

BWX get out and ride

....... oops

Last edited: Jul 10, 2009
  2. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

Similar Oblivion experience, when I'd go outside on a really sunny summer day after a long gaming session I'd look at the trees and think to myself "Wow, the tree shadows and HDR looks just like Oblivion". It happened more times than I'd like to admit. :(

3. tastyweat

tastyweat Lurking

Bioshock, no question.

One of the few games I've completed... and I did it over a weekend :s

I cranked the volume up on my old Z5500s and was playing on my Toshiba 37" LCD.

Playing it through again, bit by bit on the new plasma + sound system :)

4. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

strange, I could never really get into Bioshock.... I mean I loved System Shock and have finished that several times, but I'm still to finish Bioshock

maybe I need to spend some more time with it

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Perhaps like me you would feel better if the game didn't have any "magic" as it does now.

6. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

My most immersive gaming experiences has been with thief series, system shock 1 and dreamfall:the longest journey. :)
    Soon Starcraft 2 will be out. That reminds me that it got very intensive with warcraft I & II also. :)

7. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

Maybe, System Shock 2 had Psi-powers, some of which were pretty funky, and didn't ruin the game for me... but I guess not as necessary as Bioshock's implementation...

and Shaga, I'd forgotten about The Longest Journey and Dreamfall, going to have to play through them again I think

8. Shaga

Shaga Intelligent Life Form

Haven't played The Longest Journey ever, only sequel. Might try it but a bit scared if I can take the graphics. :)

9. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

game play is pretty different, more like monkey island style, and the graphics are a tad dated, but the game more than makes up for it imo

10. RE III - Frankie

RE III - Frankie Banned

I found call of duty 4 to be very immersive and the end was really good apart from losing friends and all.

11. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

Come to think of it i also got heavily involved with warcraft 2 & 3 and am currently hooked on dot a allstar which is one heck of a fun game on LAN and not much of a single player game lol:D

12. MythicaL

MythicaL I like computers.

Braid. It wasn't how I played it, but how the game itself played out to me. I have learned more about life from this game than any other form of entertainment.

Most people still don't understand the game, and all I can say is: too bad for them!

13. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Wow, can't say I ever learned anything from a game. Might have to give this one a try.

14. pigdog

pigdog New Member

Deux Ex was the first game to really suck me on PC, and one of the early Resident Evil's on PS. System Shock2 and HL were next, and I found Mafia really captivating. Played for like 20 hours straight.

Thief deadly shadows (the asylum) and particularly Alien v's Predator2 (what the hell weas that?! - watch out, behind y....) probably gave me the most 'shivers up the spine' moments though......

I have to admit that the most "totally immersive' experience for me now though is the pvp and general "if I die I'll lose near everthing" intensity of EVE online. Awsome.

15. SeraphicSorcerer

SeraphicSorcerer Well-Known Member

Since a LOT of my favorites have been mentioned here, and one hasn't...

Assassin's creed anyone? COME ON! Nobody seriously?!
    I played it on PC too (If I can get improved graphics, I'm Pcin it, Mass effect too)

I was pissed at the ending, freaking sequel bastards, Oh I was so like, I'm going to straight kill that mofo without him seeing me.

Granted the side puzzles got irritating if you were trying for the achievements because it was the same, but just the escape was VERY NICE.

16. RoyBatty

RoyBatty Well-Known Member

For me the most immersive were the good old games. Like Wizardry VII, the EOB series, Dune II, Outcast, TIE Fighter, Wing Commander series, Unreal, Fallout. From the newer games it would be Mafia.

17. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

COD Zombie mod

IL2 Sturmovik (love flight sims) - and paper cuts too :)

18. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

recent: MGS4 on Sony XBR 46" on a 1500 watt Definitive home theatre, running at 120hz 1080p, watching Snake struggle for his last mission

Of all time: really hard to say, some memorable moments in Doom 3 like Z said (even though the game sucked overall) or the first and third Splinter cells (chaos theory on this system was fairly solid).

Good ol EAX

19. |2A|N

|2A|N SE7EN57

I'd have to say the original Quake and Doom along with the grenade launchers and the whole dungeon arena feel really was by far the funnest gaming experience for me. Hell it's what got me hooked on online gaming to begin with. I remember people using them rat bots and shooting rockets out of there asses haha good times.

20. Fantasma

Fantasma Active Member

My most immersive experience was with KOTOR. I wasted 24 hours without resting playing it, loving the story, the choices, the game was HUGE.
    Unfortunately, I can´t say the same when speaking about KOTOR II, the word is disappointed. The game was released with argument flaws and there were strange scenes.
    Later, the only game that I have been obsessed with has been Mass Effect. Great gaming experience, a lot of choices, a lot of options, a lot of skill, a lot of action, a lot of......everything. I´ve enjoyed every second playing it. Now, waiting from the secuel where you can play from your saved game in the first part and see the consequences of you choices. I can´t wait to play it.:cool: