Your thoughts on Cyberpowerpc.com

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Robert McClelland, Mar 21, 2008.

1. trapezoid

trapezoid New Member

Why not just build it yourself?

2. mike2h

mike2h New Member

because 1) not everybody likes to do/has the time for that. 2) hard to match the prices.
    while i have built(& will probably build next one) my last 3 comps from ground up(& massively upgraded all prev& current comps) it is not really that cost effective to do it- unless you wait for great sales & buy parts over period of time. the reason to do it yourself is mostly to do with a specific build & specific look. plus building it yourself usually makes troubleshooting & upgrading easier.
    & cant beat the personal satisfaction of a job well done when you finally get it all put together & it doesnt work properly lol. all that being said i think most anybody that is serious about comps(&gaming) should probably build their own, if for no other reason than the troubleshooting factor.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2008
  3. longhorn1000

longhorn1000 New Member

for those interested zardon said he will have a review of a new I7 core cyberpower PC published shortly.

4. Tinkerhell

Tinkerhell Not all fairies are nice.

Mike2h said it right. I've put my own together before when I was a bit younger, had more time, and played games much more. Oh, and when it was much cheaper to build your own. Now it's much easier for most friends & relatives to just tell em to buy a Dell. Seriously. Most people I know don't need anything more than a base Dell desktop.

This time I wanted something a bit "more" for my wife that I'll be able to upgrade in a couple years. But she doesn't need a custom, water cooled neon lights, crazy box. I wanted select components that Cyberpower had available. They were cheaper that if I parted them myself - I spent a week shopping the parts out & could NOT find them cheaper than what these guys offered.

So far so good. I hooked everythign up & gave it a brief trial run the other night. everythign seems to work great.

I give the company two thumbs up.

5. Valdeam

Valdeam New Member

Building computers today is a lot easier than it was years ago. Everything basically snaps into place or is plugged in.
    The first computer I bought when I went to college was a cyberpowerpc. Honestly...it was good to me. Customer Service was OK. Had a few problems.
    I will never buy a computer from a company again though. Why spend the money when you can spend a few hours and build a much better one yourself for the money?

6. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

Today we're going to look at the Cyberpower Gamer Infinity i7 Poseidon, a pre-overclocked, watercooled i7 system. With a promising spec sheet this system looks like it will pack an impressive punch. If you like the system after reading our review then we have a special offer, just for DriverHeaven members!

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=689

7. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

cool hehe I'm still waiting on next windows 7 :) I'm going wait to 2010 before my next system.

8. CyberpowerUK

CyberpowerUK New Member

9. Robert McClelland

Welcome Mike If you ever get better Ram in your computer by next year I might buy one :) 2gig DDR 2 800mhz doesn't cut for me lol Thats why I'm waiting for windows 7 come out if does I order one :) My pc going be 6 years this Feb lol Mike will the price be in USA also?

10. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

DDR3 in this Robert, start paying attention ;)

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews.php?reviewid=689

11. Robert McClelland

Ok lol Well after Holidays I'm going start putting money on side Monthly to save up for new system :) Is there going be cyberpowerpc rep from USA here?

12. CyberpowerUK

CyberpowerUK New Member

Not that I know unfortunately, I could help though if you want advice or something.

Mike

13. Robert McClelland

It's ok Mike I'm not ready go super fast yet I'm going wait two years :) I got Intel 865 DP 8X AGP motherboard for my HD 2600pro 512meg card AGP and P4 2.66 chip all for 90 bucks :D

14. PH3N0M

PH3N0M The Master of Sarcasm

I've been reading through this topic and what I can't seem to figure out is...why are you posting about building a new computer NOW if you're set on waiting 2 more years? What's available in 2 years will far surpass anything we have now in terms of performance.

15. mike2h

mike2h New Member

lol was wondering the same thing myself.

16. Robert McClelland

3.0 USB mother boards :D Reason why I don't want give up my HD2600 512meg AGP card yet :) lol that only cost me 64 bucks hehe.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2009