YouTube to MP3 Converter

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Dyre Straits, Oct 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -2 Great-grandsons

I'm interested in getting something that will convert YouTube videos to MP3 audio WITHOUT installing all the crap that so many of them attempt to install along with their "free" app.

I actually already have something but it doesn't recognize individual tracks within the video....which is the most important part. I do have several programs that allow editing, splitting, etc., etc.

But, I'd like to get something that can do this "on the fly" if at all possible.

2. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

I use this: http://www.flvto.com/

It has a desktop application too, which installs one application without any adverts.

3. jandarsun8

jandarsun8 Active Member

I use ATube Catcher. Works on all kinds of sites. It's been a while since I've gone through an install with this so do a custom install and just uncheck anything that it may want to install (if any) and should be good to go.

4. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

why not use this?

http://www.youtube-mp3.org/

All youtube videos (except for old old ones usually) have a 128kbps AAC stereo track. Typically it's LC audio. Even if you play 1080p content or original. Doesn't matter what you uploaded being 1536kbps DTS-HD or whatever, youtube converts to 128kbps.

Even in their information they say they allows for 192kbps AAC... but they still aren't doing it.

Generally the various youtube converters will WASTE time and bandwidth by downloading and converting into say 320kbps mp3 or something above 128kbps. Granted it would be nice to have it convert to 192kbps mp3 as that bitrate for mp3 is about the same for 128kbps aac (aac is a better compressed format).

The Most ideal way though is to download the youtube's video direct (mp4) and then strip the audio directly leaving totally unconverted.

5. Dyre Straits

Judas, I can do what you suggest as to downloading the video and then converting. That's a snap, really.

But, what I'm needing...mainly to save time and effort...is something that can detect the different tracks in a video that includes multiple tracks in the one video and splite those tracks on the fly. I definitely can do the splitting/editing/renaming, etc. BUT, to give one example:

Skyrim FULL Soundtrack is not broken down into its separate tracks. It's one HUGE, 3+ hour video that includes dozens of tracks. AND, since it's that large, it has to be broken into at least 3 compositions in order to fit on an audio CD (80 min).

So, do any of these that are suggested do anything like that?

6. Takaharu

Takaharu Unus offa, unus iuguolo

Because it's crap. I've used it in the past and I can hear quite a substantial difference in quality between the video and the MP3. Didn't get that with FLVto though, hence changing.

In answer to Dyre's latest question, no, FLVto can't but I'm dubious of one that would claim that it can. I'd expect it to cut the tracks at the wrong time, if one does exist.

7. Dyre Straits

I kind of figured that this would be the case. But, it never hurts to ask. And, who knows, maybe someone can actually come up with something that can do it?

What I do notice is that these uploads DO include the break/split times so that one can copy/print that out and use it as a guide...at least in the cases I've seen so far. You may have to click the "Show More" option to see it.

8. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Not automatic at all but I have recorded audio from streaming video using Reaper. Add the track markers and then burn the CD using Reaper... Works for me. I can also add, delete, or change the order of songs and normalize the volume on tracks that don't match. There is a function in Reaper that will automatically add track markers on silence but that could mess with some songs.

I still have to be there for all of this and it's probably similar to what you are now doing so not what you are looking for.

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

there is no program/software out there that'll do this.... be it reliably or at all.

I used a program that would do track spitting for converting lps or tapes to digital audio by recording as a wave and then detecting the break between songs. However most all youtube videos with audio rarely have this break, it's one giant audio chunk.

What you want to do you'll HAVE to download the source material. Load into a program that can read the audio tracks and entirely manually go through and split off each segment you want and save it. Personally i'd likely end up using Adobe Premier to do this or something.

10. Dyre Straits

Essentially, what I'm having to do now is use a WAVE editor. It's easy enough to zoom in and see the long silent portions. With that, then I have to double-check the provided start times that I downloaded as text.

I was just kind of hoping against hope that there was something that could eliminate some of the "leg work" by auto detecting those long silences.

It's been an interesting little endeavor.

11. martin.ziegert

martin.ziegert Born to be wild

I used to use a service called Video2mp3.net or something. They used to provide free online service and had the software as well if you wanted to try out.

12. mythuat24h

mythuat24h New Member

I am using: youtube-mp3

13. Jackson Ku

Jackson Ku New Member

I think 2Conv can be a good option. It is a free online tool, which is able to save YouTube videos in MP3, MP4 and AVI format. If a certain video cannot be downloaded by 2Conv for some reason, I would use Joyoshare Screen Recorder I installed before as an alternative to record videos in 1080p without restrictions. I love 2Conv. You might give it a try.

14. MIG-31

MIG-31 Old time Member.. Staff Member

Considering this question were asked back in 2013 i think there were no point in resurrecting this thread...

This is now closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.