Z5300 and KX Project

Discussion in 'Effects and the DSP' started by Xcalibur_fr, Feb 5, 2005.

1. Xcalibur_fr

Xcalibur_fr New Member

Hi, I have an Audigy 2 ZS with a Z 5300 Speaker. I would like to know what are the settings that everyone use with this speaker and KX drivers.

Personnaly, I only use a Timbre and EQ-10 with each connections ( one for the front speaker, one for the rear speakers and one with the center speaker ).

For the EQ I decrease the low frequency ( the first 3 frequency )and increase the high frequency. I use the timbre to increase the treble ( +5.1 db ) and decrease the bass ( -3.0 ).

For the Subwoofer I use only a volume dsp ( for reducing the bass because the bass are too present on the Z-5300 ). Finally I've decreased the bass level on the remote control ( level 2 ).

Anyway the sound is definitly better with the KX project ( specialy the quality and the expansion ( 2.0->5.1 ) has nothing to do with the CMSS thing... ).

I use my PC for playing, watching DVD and for listening music ( every type of music, but specialy alternative, rock, classical, soundtrack ).

Btw, I don't know if there are other that can be used to improve the sound quality... but I've got some trouble using them because they are not documented.

Cheers !

2. ROBSCIX

ROBSCIX New Member

everybody's setting are different, there is not golden rules for certain types of speaker/card combinations. People ask, but in actuality it's what sounds good to you. So if you want those DSP in the signal chain use them...also if your having trouble with Bass try the Bass redirection... BTW if your adding all that eq load some instances of Peak or PeakX and check for clipping...