zer0point 0.6697.3 (On towards "Final")

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by pr0digal jenius, Jan 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Actual overall FPS when tested between the officials and the zeropoint ZEROPOINT was higher by a long shot in AVG FPS. Except in Doom3 where Officials had 2 FPS AVG advantage.

But yes these are phenominal!!!!!!

I hope to have some Doom3 screens up here sometime tomorrow. You can really see the difference in them alot better than with these.

2. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

here is the only screens I got from Doom3 to compare the 2 that were actually close to the same spot. And this isnt really a good comparision either because the Nvidia one was done at 1280x960 and the zeropoint was done at 1280x1024. it should still give you a idea thought.

66.93 Nvidia
    [​IMG]

66.97 Zeropoint
    [​IMG]

3. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

I just noticed something in the driver settings....it has fast writes enabled........Shouldnt this be disabled?

4. marantz

marantz New Member

i tried runing the project demo with the 3dc settings on my 6800 but it still locks up,as soon as i check the 3dc box and click apply

5. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

z3ro, thanks for the screens! Fastwrites should be on, Nvidia likes FW....

marantz, that should not be happening, can you post or email me your log file? that might give me an idea of whats going on, you could also try re-installing the drivers as it should run..... (pondering)

6. Blackboost

Blackboost -=[DHzer0point Author]=-

For some strange reason I wasn't able to install this driver on a Geforce2 MX400. I know that from a gaming point this card isn't much, but I wanted to use a non OEM Nvidia driver on a friend's PC just to vary things a little bit. Are these cards supported of not? Just for information purposes and to see if it was me who fu%^& the installation or not.:)
    Later on I might try them on a 6600GT.

7. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

what OS was this machine running, the onyl OSes this works on are 2000 and XP

give me the exact specs of the machine including CPU, OS, detailed info on the video card, etc, and I'lls ee what I can do.

Thanks a ton z3r0 for those screenies....glad you like them :)

8. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

No Problem i got more from Doom3, some from Quake3 and Painkiller if you want them but I dont have screens to compare them with the 66.93's thats why I didnt post them.

9. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

been playing HL2 for about an hour already w/these drivers. IQ seems to me about the same as the 66.93s (drivers i had installed when i played HL2). I haven't played HL2 using the 71.20s so i don't know what the IQ and that "yellow water" everybody keeps talking about looks like. I have my settings set to max both in game and in the control panel for my video card. Game runs pretty smooth at the settings i have it set to.

PoopyTheJ and PJ, were you guys modding these drivers to enhance visual quality and keep performance on the same level as the 66.93s at the default settings, or to just have overall better IQ than the 66.93s?

10. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

we were trying to make it look better and run the same or better for a default installation of the drivers, some of the changes in the cpl will overwrite some of our changes for IQ purposes, however the performance enhancements should remain.....are you using the autoexec for HL2 included with the drivers?

11. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

How do you get the autoexec to work? I havent tried them yet because I couldnt figure out how to activate them?

12. Bruuce

Bruuce DriverHeaven Winner

PoopyTHEJ, PJ, I ran the drivers last night and I think it made a vast improvement on my system. I only tested one game, but everything ran real smooth, and there didn't seem to be much lag, even where I would get lag with the old drivers. Unfortunately I have no screenies to compare but I think I'll use these from now on. Thanks guys!

13. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

Thanks Bruuce we'll keep putting em out!

The autoexec goes in the \Steam\SteamApps\USERNAME\half-life 2\hl2\cfg\ folder and for CSS the \Steam\SteamApps\USERNAME\counter-strike source\hl2\cfg folder just copy it in there it will automatically load when you run the game choose the appropriate autoexec for your card though 5x or 6x series

14. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Thanks would doom3 go in the Doom3/Base folder?

15. pr0digal jenius

yep...you got it z3r0

also, dialup users..REJOICE!

I have repacked the drivers in a UHARC library, with a self extracting .bat file, as well as removed all the non-english language files :)

total download size: 14.8MBs

look for the repack, also dubbed "Final version" to go live tonight :)

after this, we'll get on a 'performance' version for you older card holders :D

16. CDsDontBurn

CDsDontBurn AMD & Petrol Heads Mod

I'm using the desktop icon to launch HL2 and all the other games i play (which aren't installed right now).

went into the folder for HL2, i only see two files named "config.cfg" and "valve". what is it that i'm supposed to copy into that folder?

17. pr0digal jenius

no...simply copy the autoexec.cfg inot the folders he listed, and launch the game as usual and they will kick in whene the app loads.

18. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Is there anymore tweaks in your final version or is the 3rd version the same except for the smaller file?

19. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

There are some minor changes except for the smaller file size and it's english only... I don't expect any changes after that unless they are bug fixes.....

20. Asmodeus

Asmodeus New Member

Quake 3 results

Here is the results of Quake 3 tests with 66.97 and 66.93

66.97 Zeropoint .....................................66.93 Nvidia

6553 ................ Total frames in 70 seconds.......... 6263
    89..................Minimum Frames per Second............ 82
    92......................Max Frames Per Second.............. 92
    90.925..............Average Frames Per Second ..........90.792

Again IQ with ZeroPoint is totally mind blowing against the Nvidia drivers and with better FPS. Not much but considering the IQ its very impressive!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.