zeropoint66.97 x xtremeg66.67

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by jasonbourne, Feb 13, 2005.

1. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

wait you want it rendered incorrectly? I'm confused..... :confused:

2. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

he wants table fog turned off so his draw distance goes farther.

Personally, I'm not going to make driver level hacks for online games.

3. trodas

trodas fanless WC Opty 3GHz

PoopyTheJ - excourse me, you say "incorrectly"? Now wait a minute - if there is a option in game, that disable nVidia fog, and it does work into only ONE drivers I ever found, the 45.28 ones, then I would say that all otehr drivers draw in INCORRECTLY :bleh:
    Let's face it, when the option if untouched (default on), then there is no difference between 45.28 and any futher release, like 53.04 or so ;-)

Actually, it is a bug-fix [​IMG] It is supposed to work (the option), and it is not :oops:

pr0digal jenius - yeeees, first part of your reply is purrrrfect :-D When the fog is off, the draw distance is maximal - you can see everything :rofl: Okay, almost. First, the objects (enemies as well) are sadly stil fogged, so :annoyed: And second, the game HAS some draw-distance level limit :rolleyes: Now you you are able to see him :bleh:
    Matter of personal choice, Im affraid :-D
    However the "driver level hacks for online games" is missunderstand, please check the reply part for PoopyTheJ ;-)
    Like I say, if the games has the switch, is is not a hack to use it, it is? :duh:
    It is not like - disable fog forever in everything - no way. For example, FarCry use in DX the fog for good reasons and option in RivaTuner to disable DX fog cause the far objects are being drawn by sky color, or something like this :-D
    My question/request/cry for help is cry about nonworking option in games like SoF2 or CoD. That is all of them I know about, that they got this option... wait, I think Wolfenstain maybe got it too, but I never tried it, I think :confused:

Let's call it fix, not a hack, please :)

...so, can you pls reconsider? :-D And one more thing - can you made all the resolutions also REMOVABLE? mean, nVidia block deleting many resolutions and some of them I WANT TO BE DELETED ASAP! Like 720x480, 720x540 (both 60Hz only?!) and 848x480. I adding few of my own, but I want to get rid of these, and the nVidia control panel don't let me delete them. Could you mod it so it will let me delete them?
    Thanks for considering this.

4. PoopyTheJ

PoopyTheJ New Member

looking into it, but I can't promise anything, you can get rid of the resolutions in ATI drivers, I'll poke around for some similiar optionin the NV drivers...

5. trodas

That will be neat, thank you ;)

...maybe you can even use the original detonators code - the managing creating and finetuning resolutions ALLOW the delete of a resolution - but only the custom ones you already made you can remove :mad:

Maybe just convice it to either do not check, or made all the resolutions "custom made", and therefore they will be deletable :D At least theoreticaly ;) But it should work like this, I hope...

6. trodas

Just to prove that the fog disabling is not a hack, then see these option(s):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

...then I would like (and it should works) that the picture in game(s) I showed :D ;)

7. pr0digal jenius

pr0digal jenius Delete Me

disabling fog isn't, but changing how stuff si shaded to icnrease draw distance may very well be :(

I'll look into what i can do without crosses any ethics/moral boundaries, as I personally hate cheating with a fiery passion.

But I'll look into it as far as i can without feeling like I'm cheating :)

8. trodas

Sounds promising :D
    Yep, Im aware that this is somewhat on the border with cheating, as when the fog is disabled, like with the 45.28 drivers, one simply see more, witch is undubtely a slight advantage for shooting at large distances for sure.
    Zero benefit from more closer combat, tough ;)

...and while shaded, the game just looks more ugly, so... The option is there for a good reason :D It just don't working... :bleh:

BTW, is there any chance that you can unloack in drivers that ANY resolution could be DELETED...?

I would like to see this tweakable:
    [​IMG]

:) Any chances, pls? I would love to test this :D :taste: