ZoneAlarm Comodo Firewall Pro

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Trusteft, Sep 9, 2008.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Two questions.

1)My ZoneAlarm from one night to the next suddently forgot all the settings for software access to the trusted zones and internet. I haven't deleted anything of course and there was no system crash, huge magnet near my PC or alien fingering the case. What gives?

2)Is Comodo Firewall Pro any good?

2. RoyBatty

RoyBatty Well-Known Member

1) I have no idea. Maybe system restore would get the config back?

2) It's one of the best free firewalls out there.

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

comodo has had a considerable number of problems that still aren't resolved... the result of these problems are instant BSODs and such... quite irritating.. and it can happen due to incapbility with some software/program just not agreeing..

out of the machines i've used with it... meh i'm just not a fan due to the frustration caused when something just doesn't work with it...

4. cozumel

cozumel I'm dangerous but cute...

I stopped using Comodo a while back, not because I had any problems, but purely due to the fact I felt it was no longer required. My hardware firewall and Vista software firewall seem to do a pretty good job. I check my status with various companies on-line security checks and my system is often not detectable as being on-line at all. That makes me feel secure enough not to bother with Comodo any more.

It is an excellent product (like RoyBatty said). I think you pay for the Pro version though.

5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Thank you guys. As far as I know both XP and Vista firewall doesn't check for outgoing traffic, only incoming.

Cozumel, the Pro version is free, the Pro Plus is not.

I didn't do any system restore. Proper shut down of the system, then the next day normal loading. Oh well, I uninstalled it, the pop ups of ZA in full screen games where it makes it impossible to see the pop up over the game and not able to minimise the game was too much for me to handle.

6. Zmir

Zmir New Member

i thought only xp couldnt check for outgoing, vista is both ways?

and i would not recommend comodo at all, lags the computer to oblivion and a few days later BSOD gallore!