ZoneAlarm

Discussion in 'General Software Discussion' started by Neshi, Dec 29, 2005.

1. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

Run into another problem

I dont know if you guys know this program, or if this is the good place to post this.. but ill post it anyway.
    I had zonealarm installed and after a while i de-installed it again, i think it was because it expired or something.. I tried to install it agian, but then it started to whine about True Vector. i should shut it down before i can install zonealarm again. Im searching and searching for it, cant find it.
    today i was cleaning my registry a bit. and i saw this:
    [​IMG]

so i tried to delete it all... then this came:
    [​IMG]

now i cant delete it, but i would really like to get rid of it and maybe install it again...

do you know how i can get rid of it.. or something i can do?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2006
  2. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

configure the ZoneAlarm, not to load it when the Windows starts,
    and then reboot your computer, then use Add/Remove to remove ZoneAlarm,
    reboot your computer again if it asks you to do that.

once the ZA has been removed, go to \WINDOWS\Internet Logs, and remove the folder (Internet Logs),
    and then try installing it again.

it seems that the install or uninstall process is corrupted, you probably don't need to remove any registry.
    just remove the Internet Logs folder and the re-installing of the ZA should work okay this time./

if you want to remove the ZA registry entries, and you cannot remove them when you're trying to do so.
    R-click on the registry key that you want to remove its subkeys or entries,
    and choose "Permissions..." and give full control to the group Administrators, or to Everyone or yourself, and then you can remove them.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2005
  3. Neshi

i did as you said, but wiht the first stpes it goes wrong.. cos zonealarm is already removed, but my guess is some components are still there and blocking some stuff..
    what is the case, Zonealarm has a firewall installed, and zonealarm is removed, but that firewall is still there.. and i cant shut it down or remove it or anything..

I removed Zonealarm with the control panel but i guess that went wrong somehow.. How can i fix this. Cos the new things i install cant get connecting with internet. I had a LAN nto so long ago, and i was like banned from the network..
    Now i installed Hitman pro, and when you run it it is supposed to donwload all kinds of other spyware shit, but the connection gets refused and when it forms a report, it says that it comes or from a bad internet connection (mine is fine) or a firewall is blocking it...

So now i got something like wtf, not so long ago i formatted my pc, and now already its fucked up.. can i fix this problem, or is a format the only solution?
    maybe something in safe mode orso...

4. Neshi

allright.. ive repaired the problem and everything is fine now.. i just had to upgrade ZoneAlarm, instead of choose the clena install like ive been doing.
    But now ive got another problem.
    I've got infected with the virus called: Trojan.Zlob
    According to the symantec site it should be deleted by norton when you do a scan. But it wont. I tried manually. it dint work becuase this trojan horse starts up together with explorer.exe. I tried lots of things, but nothing will work.
    I started in dos but couldnt get on my c drive, prob my fault. but anyway.
    This virus changes its name everytime explorer.exe starts.
    But i figured out one thing. The file's name is always ld<>.tmp
    so it starts with the figures ld, then there are some alphabetic figures combined with 0-9 figures.. and it ends with .tmp

do any of you have an idea how to delete this kinda thing?